2 Things To Do After Your Car Accident

Getting into a car accident can be really shocking, and all the events surrounding the accident can be blurry in your head because of all the chemicals your body is putting out afterward. That means that you might not remember all the things that you should do after you have been in an accident. But, it's important to make sure that you do a few things after your accident. Doing these things will help you when it comes to filing your insurance as well as any court case you might end up being associated with because of the accident. So, what do you need to do?

Call 911

No matter what the other person involved in the accident may tell you, you really need to call the police to come to the scene. You need to have an accident report that you can give to your insurance company as well as to your attorney if you are being sued. The police report can be much more objective than you or the other driver can be because the officer wasn't involved in the accident, and they will be able to view everything from a distance. The officer will also be able to talk to any and all witnesses and get their information to put on the report as well. 

Document Your Damage

You also need to make sure that you are documenting the damage to your car, as well as any injuries to the people in the car with you. You can write those things down, if you want, but you can also take pictures or video with your phone or other device. If you take pictures or video, it's hard for anyone to deny that certain damage was done because there is visual proof of it. The record you create can also help show anything that you might have forgotten after the accident. You can pass all those files to your attorney and to your insurance company in order to get what you need to have to handle your medical bills and repair or replacement costs to your car. 

After being in a car accident, you need to make sure that you are doing everything possible to have an accurate record of what happened, in case you need to go to court because of anything surrounding your car accident. Calling the police and documenting everything are just two of the things you need to do. 

Contact a firm like Drivon Turner & Waters PLC for more information.